No I'm not married. Yet.
Anyway, it was my friend's wedding yesterday and I got to meet some of my friends from high shool and talked about out progress in career and life. These were the people who shared my struggles of being an IB student.
We sat together in a rough circle playing werewolf and love letter. Two of us sat next to each other, talking about how things are in their (aviation) companies they work for. The other talked about how he's running a business. The girls would talk about each other's make up. But most of the time we really cared about who's gonna marry next, and how are we gonna get someone for the singletons in the circle.
I drove us to my place where I changed my white dress to jeans and t shirt, because no one eats in white. Then we went to Kenny Rogers for lunch/dinner. My first KRR was about 6 years ago in MidVal. It was a quarter meal shared with another friend because neither of us could really afford it. But now we are having a plate each. I sent Dilea n Hadi to wherever they needed to go, and Ama stayed the night.
6 years ago, we cried over Math HL. We ate Maggi and drank Nescafe to stay up the nights completing assignments. We did make up (badly) in Dilea's room, dolling ourselves up for boyfriends we did not have. We walked in the blazing heat for 20 minutes to get to the nearest bus stop, then it took 1 hr to get to wherever we needed to go. And we talked about what we wanted to be when we grow up.
I can see that we have grown up, had 2nd puberty (lol), and are on track to reach out dreams (insya Allah). We are attending our friends' weddings now, and I'm hoping in future we'd attend our children's weddings too :)


No comments:
Post a Comment