Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Dental braces a.k.a pendakap gigi

INTRODUCTION:

Seingat aku lah, dari aku KMB aku mula rasa tak confident dengan gigi aku. Mungkin dari zaman SPM and sebelumnya aku tak pandai nak kisah pasal penampilan diri kot, so gigi macam chipmunk pun rileks je. Dulu nak pakai before fly, since my mom was kind enough to sponsor part of it. Tapi bila pikiaq balik, kalau balik setahun sekali macam mana nak mantain, tighten etc.. so aku batalkan la hasrat tu..

Kemudian, before aku balik, semangat aku membuak2 balik nak pakai braces. Maybe sebab IG explore asyik tujuk aku gambar gigi haha.. Bila aku balik haritu, aku keluar dengan member aku pastu dia ajak gi klinik tempat dia buat braces sebab wire dia poking. Lepas dia kejan aku pun TERR tanya doktor pasai buat braces, dan TERR buat appointment for 4th July.

But then, I might have more job interviews early July, or maybe even have started working. So aku call Klinik Ramli tu and tanya dia ada yang cepat sikit dak?

So semalam, elok sudah buat kuih raya ja dia call suruh pi. (13th July)

THE GRAPHIC:

Here is what I looked like before:



Here is what I look like now:


WHY:

Some people might say, " eh, gigi kau elok je Dayah?!" I appreciate your kind comments but really, I'm the one who look at myself everyday. I see my flaws where you don't. And I haven't been forgetting about doing braces after these years, I think for my peace of mind and my confidence, baik buat je.

Also, klinik ni below market price braces dia. at MYR 3k, tak la kopak sangat tabung pengangguran aku..

HOW IS IT:

IT'S EFFING PAINFUL OMG but it's only been close to 24 hrs. My sister said it's gonna be hell for the first few days. Gigi tak boleh berlaga dengan apa-apa pun, even with another teeth or your drinking glass. Or else, it's the same level of pain as hitting your pinky toe di bucu meja. Can't chew on anything so I've been living off congee.

Pemasangan was VERY uncomfortable. The doctor grind the sides (in between) your incisors to make some space. Bergegaq pala otak hahaha.. Then, my right inner cheek was RIPPED when he pulled my lips to do the left side. Tersangkut kat rubber band hook. It tasted dry and bitter, and saliva was pooling in your mouth, but you could't swallow it sebab puasa (it had a bit of blood and dental stuff in it) NOT THAT I WANT TO ANYWAY but couldn't spit it either and they weren't vacuuming it.

But it was not painful (yet). It was just a bit awkward to talk and smile sebab rasa bibir tersangkut kat braces lels..

Despite me saying all these, it is not worse than my wisdom teeth extraction experience. now THAT was traumatic.


No comments:

Post a Comment