Saturday, February 25, 2017

suey

We were 13. We were good friends. Until I found out you guys scribbled offensive messages about and against me on the board. I didn't feel much then. Just perhaps sad and angry that I lost a few close friends (you guys).

I don't remember what happened next, just that I stopped talking to you and you stopped talking to me. I moved to another school to achieve my dream for a career in STEM. I thought I moved on. I thought I forgot. Maybe I did, because I did not have to see you guys.

A few years later, it's the renaissance of social networking. I see you and you see me living our own lives. I've heard one of you lost her father from my brother. But I could not feel sorry for you. I could not bring myself to go and comfort you for your loss. I simply did not want to see you.

You added me on FB. You know I remember you. But do you know HOW I remember you?

Sure we were young, we were dumb. We did and said a lot of things. But I don't feel like seeing or talking to you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment